32. Gilda And Meek "Dark Child: Part One: The Riddle" (Un-Iverse #46)

 Rating: PG-13 (Bloody Violence and some language). 





























































Author's Note for Gilda And Meek #32 "Dark Child: Part One: The Riddle" (Un-Iverse #46) 

The original answer to the Riddle was "You light up the world with love." But fun plays better for how I will portray the Piranhas during the rest of the series. Love is a purely good thing, not open to interpretation. What Piranhas find "fun" however, could potentially be considered alarming. 

All this shit was planned out when I a teenager. The Riddle. Lance Lockjaw. Fishspace. The Piranha's secret (revealed in the next issue). Everything. Not joking or exaggerating. That's how long this crap has been on the drawing board. It also proves that as shitty as the early incarnations of the story were, there is no question in my mind the BONES of the story were always strong. I barely had to change any part of the story. Once I gave the characters the correct motivations the story fixed and then told itself from that point forward. I am proud of the fact that I came up with a solid story arc WHILE I was a shitty writer. It meant I could do something with it decades later when I wasn't. 

Next Issue: Gilda And Meek #33 "Dark Child: Part Two: The Pilot" (Un-Iverse #47)

Back To The Index

If you like Gilda And Meek Buy Me A Coffee!




Copyright Matt Zimmer and UnComix 2022.  All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome To Gilda And Meek And The Un-Iverse!

1. Gilda And Meek "Groundwork" Special Edition (Un-Iverse #1)

1. The Pontue Legacy "Part One: The Fall Of Finn" (Un-Iverse #9)