29. Gilda and Meek "All Blood Things...: Step Three: Late Night Conversations And Other Equally Important Occurrences" (Un-Iverse #43)

 Rating: PG-13. (Bloody Violence, Adult themes, and dialogue.) 















































































Author's Note for Gilda And Meek #29 "All Blood Things...: Step Three: Late Night Conversations And Other Equally Important Occurrences" (Un-Iverse #43) 

Gilda's whole bit with Fred the Werewolf is in my opinion, her biggest Crowning Moment Of Awesome so far. She has bigger ones coming, but this one is so great to me because it's both effortless and occurs at a point in the saga you wouldn't necessarily find most other heroes "Taking Care Of Business". Gilda being an utter professional / badass at the point in the story where many other heroes' resolve would be faltering is why I love both Gilda and this story. 

I have to apologize for the Lena Dunham joke. Not to Dunham herself. She sucks and can bite my ass. No, I owe an apology to both the reader and feminists. Regardless of what I think of Dunham, I believe it was immoral on my part to use Gilda to make a feminist rant at the expense of Dunham's feminism. I am a man. I have absolutely NO business telling a woman I am writing a more feminist character than her. That's pure bullshit and me being a shitty feminist ally. So knowing that why do the joke at all? 

Aside from it being funny, I was willing to overstep my bounds with Gilda making feminist rants because I am a little bit sick and tired of how much shame Dunham tries to make me feel for being revolted by her and her antics. Me hating her and "Girls" is genuine. I don't hate her because I'm not into her or I don't understand powerful women. I believe I am entitled to hate a person who confesses in her memoir that she sexually molested her younger sister and uses that as an example of a "funny story". Maybe I don't have license to pull rank about feminism with Dunham. And I sure as hell shouldn't use Gilda to do it. But really, this shit is infuriating, and you are not a bad and shameful person for being properly disgusted with her. That's a normal reaction. 

Someday I'll detail the Chip 'N' Dale Rescue Rangers bit for the reader. Not yet. 

For any women wondering? Meek's "Secret About Men" is 100% true. And I expect to get a TON of shit for it. But guys, think about it objectively. You know it's true, right? You also are aware your genitals are NOT the center of the Universe? I think it's men believing the second thing which confuses them about the first. 

Next Issue: Gilda And Meek #30 "All Blood Things...: Step Four: The Return Of Everybody" (Un-Iverse # 44)

Back To The Index

If you like Gilda And Meek Buy Me A Coffee!




 Copyright Matt Zimmer and UnComix 2022.  All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome To Gilda And Meek And The Un-Iverse!

1. Gilda And Meek "Groundwork" Special Edition (Un-Iverse #1)

1. The Pontue Legacy "Part One: The Fall Of Finn" (Un-Iverse #9)