1. Gilda And Meek "Groundwork" Special Edition (Un-Iverse #1)

Rating: PG-13 (Bloody Violence and Drug Use). 

A Note About The Special Edition Of Gilda And Meek "Groundwork"

The first version of Groundwork looked absolutely terrible. I had not drawn in over 15 years when I put it to paper in 2015 and my weak arm and lettering indecisions made the issue look incredibly unprofessional. Not my best foot forward for getting people into Gilda And Meek on this site. 

So I've taken the occasion to entirely redo the artwork with some minor script revisions. It looks much closer to my current art style and yet I feel the rough spirit of the first version is still present. As the Groundwork for the canon, it was sort of designed to be the worst issue to start out with, and to be built upon and improved from there. I think it's probably still the worst issue (as designed) but I'm no longer ashamed of the artwork. We'll see if readers agree. 













































































Author's Note for Gilda And Meek #1 "Groundwork" Special Edition (Un-Iverse #1)

For the morbidly curious and gluttons for punishment I have moved the First Edition of "Groundwork" to its own entry on this site. 

I'm glad Groundwork no longer looks like utter hog-poo, but the double-edged sword is that issue 2 (Gilda And Meek "The Otterman Cometh") which used to look leaps and miles above "Groundwork" in the art department has taken Groundwork's place as the single worst drawn issue of them all. I could keep redrawing everything over and over again over the years, but then I'd never get any new stuff done. But just know if you think the next issue has crappy artwork compared to this one, that's why. 






 Copyright Matt Zimmer and UnComix 2017-2022.  All Rights Reserved.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome To Gilda And Meek And The Un-Iverse!

Other Artists I Like