12. Gilda And Meek "The Code" (Un-Iverse #23)

Rating: PG-13. (Partial nudity, sexual situations, crass humor, drug use and references, adult themes).



























































Author's Note for Gilda And Meek #12 "The Code" (Un-Iverse #23) 

There are Dennis Miller Ratio Un-Iverse jokes, and then there are Dennis Miller Ratio Un-Iverse jokes. But if you actually get the Return Of Jafar reference here, this issue is gonna make your day, your week, maybe your year. 99 out of a hundred people reading that will shrug. The hundredth person will swoon with bliss. It's sublime, especially Bernadette confirming to Gilda the truly shameful thing is her recognizing the reference to begin with. Yeah, that's right, everybody who got that joke. Bernadette's calling YOU out! 

Really, Bernadette's entire double-bluff was pleasurable not only for me to write, but I think it will be pleasurable for people who like the comic to read. 

Let me offer you some advice. I shared that story with somebody in meatspace, and he confidentially looked at me upon Bernadette saying "Yes, Mistress," and said "It makes perfect sense she's the mole." 

Don't be that reader. I'm begging you. As long as Gilda has a b.s. detector there is no scenario I could plausibly create a mole within the group without totally shitting on the reader. I think what confused my friend is that popular culture conditions fans to make excuses for and tolerate shitty writing. If I HAD made Bernadette an actual mole, the proper fan response would be to tell me I am the single worst person who ever lived, that my comic is pure shit, and that you hope I have a heart attack and die painfully. ANGER is the proper fan response to a creator treating the viewer / reader shitty, and not enough fans understand that. I am very pleased the amount of shit House Of The Dragon is getting. But I am aware that it's getting as much shit as it is because Game Of Thrones COASTED on shit like that. People saying "The story of Westeros sucks ass," is long overdue in my mind, and a very lonely opinion I had until recently. 

If I EVER treat you that dirty, call me on it. Tell me I am a shitty storyteller and you will never read another single thing I write. 

Why am I putting myself in such a vulnerable position with the reader in saying this? I'm letting you know 100% I will NEVER do you dirty like that. I can make that promise because that's how sure I am. Bank on it. 

This is the shortest Meek's Chiller Theatre and also the most random. It along with "Skeletons" are so far the only stories I have attempted to do in an art style unlike my own. I wasn't TOO crazy about how it came out back in the day, but in hindsight, I think it looks cute. 



If you like Gilda And Meek Buy Me A Coffee!
 Copyright Matt Zimmer and UnComix 2017-2020.  All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome To Gilda And Meek And The Un-Iverse!

1. Gilda And Meek "Groundwork" Special Edition (Un-Iverse #1)

Other Artists I Like