6. F.I.S.H. "Druth Hunt" (Un-Iverse #58)

Rating: PG-13: Bloody violence, adult themes, mild language, cartoon profanity, rude humor, brief nudity. 


















































Author's Note for F.I.S.H. #6 "Druth Hunt" (Un-Iverse #58) 

Zalia's stuff at the shoe store is fun but I like Zalia more than Lance and the crew do. 

I don't remember exactly WHEN I created the Vengeful eXens but the Narrator's bit about accusing me of creating an entire world and Universe in service of a bad X-Files joke and pun is accurate. It's why Zalia is a Druthane and why the racial slur against them is Druth. I can't tell if the fact that I've had that idea for over 20 years is impressive or shameful. 

Sometimes I write myself into an artistic corner, and invariably the solution turns out better than the problem itself suggested. There are NO actual mistakes in this franchise. The Un-Iverse provides and always does. In the script I thoughtlessly gave myself an impossible artwork task without realizing it. Worse, this specific impossible piece of art was necessary to not only get the heroes home, but explain the actual finality of the actual danger and conflict. I had in the script that Zalia's takes X-Claw's communicator and calls off the lethal bounty ending the actual crisis. 

And I was like, "How the hell am I supposed to show that?" 

And the way you know there aren't any mistakes in The Un-Iverse is that I chose to show Zalia holding his severed, bloody foot up to her ear. Mistakes don't exist in this franchise. There are either opportunities (like this one) or if you see a plothole or art thing that DOESN'T work, MISSED opportunities. The entire thing runs exactly the way it should and with little fuss and effort on my end, even regarding impossible seeming stuff like that. It's something I love about the franchise and why I am excited to tell it. 

Next Issue: Lace Doilies #6 "I Beg Your Pardon" (Un-Iverse #59) 

Back To The Index

If you like Gilda And Meek Buy Me A Coffee!







Copyright Matt Zimmer and UnComix 2023.  All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome To Gilda And Meek And The Un-Iverse!

1. Gilda And Meek "Groundwork" Special Edition (Un-Iverse #1)

Other Artists I Like