The Double Edged Sword of Google Ad-Sense

Here is the current deal with my site. This post is more for the Google Ad-Sense people than anyone else. 

For reasons I'm going to decline going into, I have changed my mind and am going to publish the rest of The Un-Iverse on this site. So far I have #52 issues completed and am currently working on finishing #53. Good deal, right? After each issue I complete, I will post it there. Neat! 

So I figured I'd start having ads on the site. I didn't expect a TON of revenue but I expected some. I figured as the saga got further into completion (and awesomer and awesomer) more and more people would show up. I also planned to pimp the hell out of the site on the sites I frequent. 

But Ad-Sense said "No deal," and said I had to fix the site. You know the problem, right? There hasn't been a new post since 2020! Yes, I am constantly editing the site (and post new sketches in the Sketches section whenever I make them using the edit function), but there are no real new posts. Despite the fact that I plan a bunch of new posts, this currently looks like a dead site and not attractive enough for Google to bite. 

What I'm gonna do next is post three more issues today to give the Ad-Sense folks a bit of a taste of what's coming and post a new issue every week after that. Sort of like The Order Of The Stick. The problem will be when I run out of issues and will have to publish them one at a time. It sometimes takes a month (or more) to complete 'em, depending on their length. I promise the Ad-Sense people to pimp the site and still post updates and even new sketches in the meantime. I also can state with certainty that the issues WILL be coming MUCH faster than they have in the past. 

I want to share Gilda And Meek with the world. I believe in this franchise and think people will wind up loving it. If Ad-Sense gives the greenlight I will post the issues one at a time, and then as they come. If they still say "Nope" I'm posting everything I've got at once and THEN as they come. If they pass, I truly believe it is Ad-Sense's loss. I posted the first 34 issues to give people a taste of how awesome the saga could be. Once I post the saga actually becoming awesome I think I'm gonna get a lot more traffic. 

I'm posting all three parts of Gilda And Meek "Timeline Trilogy" today. It's an awesome story with a great ending (although as always, you need to read the first 34 issues first). C'mon, Google. Say yes. It will be worth it. I swear. 


Copyright Matt Zimmer and UnComix 2022.  All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome To Gilda And Meek And The Un-Iverse!

1. Gilda And Meek "Groundwork" Special Edition (Un-Iverse #1)

Other Artists I Like