-1. Gilda And Meek "Groundwork: First Edition" (Un-Iverse #-1)

 And finally, a place for the worst thing on the site. This is the First Edition of Gilda And Meek "Groundwork" in all its shame and ignominy. If you do NOT hate me or yourselves, you may skip this utter piece of hogshit (pardon my Gragnock). If you want to see my process (warts and all), and the progressions I have made in both story and artwork over the years, here it is. I am deeply shamed. Ick. 

-1. Gilda And Meek "Groundwork" First Edition (Un-Iverse #-1) 

Rating: PG-13. (Some bloody violence and drug use).  











































































June 29, 2021 Postscript

The thing that makes me cringe most about the First Edition of Groundwork? Besides the crappy artwork and visible hand-drawn lettering behind the pasted printed lettering? That hokey Narrator's Note at the beginning explaining meta jokes and humor to the reader. It's like, "No shit, Sherlock." Or more accurately, "Yes, Ted, that was the joke." 

In my defense, I only planned to share Gilda And Meek with a select group of close people in my life who weren't as knowledgeable about genre and its tropes as I was. That intro was never meant for people online and I should have gotten rid of it the second I posted the comics there, and worked out a different intro for The Narrator.  It galls me that this shitty issue has had such a place of prominence on this site since since its inception until as recently as (checks watch)... earlier today. Sheesh. I am truly sorry about this. 

Back To The Index

If you like Gilda And Meek Buy Me A Coffee!




Copyright Matt Zimmer and UnComix 2017-2022.  All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome To Gilda And Meek And The Un-Iverse!

1. Gilda And Meek "Groundwork" Special Edition (Un-Iverse #1)

Other Artists I Like