3. The Pontue Legacy "Part Three: The Magician And The Swordsman" (Un-Iverse #11)

Rating: PG. Some violence, adult themes, a nude statue, and some scatological references.








































Author's Note for The Pontue Legacy #3 "Part Three: The Magician And The Swordsman" (Un-Iverse #11) 

I do have a few notes about this. 

Zyle being a lovable doof is a new thing. I should have done it all along, but I wasn't a very good storyteller as a youth. 

Gerf, who an online friend of mine dubbed the Stuffin' McGuffin, is evil because the young adult who wrote the original version of the story made him so randomly because I was running out of ideas. As you can see it works all right in this iteration (and sets up stuff for later too). 

The Narrator hates King Farrell, but I don't want it lost on you that when Agnor sneers at the "exotic" idea of a Black captain, Farrell sticks up for Henry and assures him his place as Captain of the Guard was earned through bravery and loyalty. It is literally the nicest thing Farrell does in the entire story, but the Narrator ignores it like it's nothing because it doesn't feed into his insistence that Farrell is an irredeemable asshole. But the Narrator letting that pass without giving Farrell any credit for it shows Farrell isn't the only asshole in the story. 

As a teenager, when I wrote Sarah and Zyle's reunion at the end of this issue and the beginning of the next one it was filled with hurt feelings and bruised egos. Neither character was very interesting back then, so of course I juiced up the drama with The Lover's Spat. But honestly, him grinning that dopey grin at the end, and her rushing up to give him a big hug instead puts a smile on my face I value far more than my immature insistence on false drama and stiff characters. 




If you like Gilda And Meek Buy Me A Coffee!
 Copyright Matt Zimmer and UnComix 2017-2020.  All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome To Gilda And Meek And The Un-Iverse!

1. Gilda And Meek "Groundwork" Special Edition (Un-Iverse #1)

Other Artists I Like