15. Gilda And Meek "Warlocks: Beyond Reality: Part One: Blood Debt" (Un-Iverse #27)

Rating: PG. Bloody violence, crass humor, and adult themes.
























































Author's Note for Gilda And Meek #15 "Warlocks: Beyond Reality: Part One: Blood Debt" (Un-Iverse #27) 

That ending, man. It will make people laugh. 

But the funniest part of the story is Augatha opening the crate and reading Gilda's note. The Narrator using the moment to worry about the amount of sexual power Gilda would hold over Meek in any given 'ship is the perfect capper to the scene. But there is something about Gilda that's been true since grade-school, but since I shifted the role of the Big Bad from Redmond (who used to be known as The Klaw Kat) to Augatha, is something that I seem to have gotten away from (to my deepest regret): Gilda is a rascal. She enjoys rubbing her victories in her enemies' faces. There should be a little bit of Bugs Bunny and Woody Woodpecker when Gilda goes up against bad guys, and I seem to have stepped away from that. I love the scene because it's me using Gilda as originally intended from when I was little. 

Bernadette is great this issue too. The idea that she resents Gilda for Meek always doing what she tells him to somehow compliments the sexual power joke perfectly. When the Narrator first says it, you laugh. When the Narrator then hints Bernadette is thinking it too, you are properly concerned. 

The prologue doesn't suck either. Bernadette's unknown and potentially dark and horrible fate? Meek's wife? Neat stuff I just teased, right? Pity the answers are so far away. But at least know that they DO exist. 

About Bernadette's dark and horrible fate. Let me put two opposing ideas in your head. I will not walk that back. Also, I will never do wrong by Bernadette. If you are wondering how both of those statements can be true, you'll find out eventually. The Warlocks fear Bernadette's ambiguous fate and I also refuse to do dirty by her at the exact same time. As unbelievable as it sounds, both things are true. 

Meek being beaten up by an 8-year-old with Down Syndrome is not a joke to suggest Meek is either weak or stupid, or me taking a shot at him. It's to suggest that somewhere is the Un-Iverse exists a smart, funny kid with Down Syndrome who is a total hardass. I love The Un-Iverse. 

The artwork in the Multiverse Void is a dud. I wanted the black-and-white inking to look like the Music Video for "Take On Me" and I totally whiffed it. Luckily, the great artwork in the Balls-Out Void in two issues will make you forgive and forget my failings here. 










 Copyright Matt Zimmer and UnComix 2017-2020.  All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome To Gilda And Meek And The Un-Iverse!

1. Gilda And Meek "Groundwork" Special Edition (Un-Iverse #1)

Other Artists I Like