10. Gilda And Meek "With A Song In Her Heart / In Which We Meet The Elephantom" (Un-Iverse #21)

Rating: PG-13. Bloody violence, crass humor, sexual situations. Another potentially upsetting one. 
































Author's Note for Gilda And Meek #10 "With A Song In Her Heart / In Which We Meet The Elephantom" (Un-Iverse #21) 

While I have done a couple of Elephantom stories as a kid (including a memorable team-up with Bill the Blue) the Gilda story is an entirely new creation for this iteration of The Un-Iverse. As for all of the ethical quandries at the end, and Meek and Bernadette being devastated at learning what Gilda did behind their back to Vic Puff, for ALL that controversy, for all the upcoming conflict and melodrama attached to it, if you want my honest reaction as to why Gilda did that? It's because he 100% deserved it. 100%. I am NOT my characters, even the characters based on me like Meek or the Piranha, and nothing proves that more than Gilda doing a righteous bit of retribution to keep a suspected pedophile the hell away from Bernadette, being a source of pain for Meek. For me, it's a source of pride. I'm glad she did it. And I'm glad she essentially got away with it. 

The Narf-Narf And Chirp story is also exclusive to this final version of The Un-Iverse. It's very much a premise-based gag story that isn't very funny or well-written. Well, maybe SOME people will find it funny. But the reason I don't find it funny is because all of the jokes are very different types of gags from the rest of the franchise and my sense of humor. The jokes could work on Family Guy or South Park. They feel a bit awkward in Gilda And Meek. 

If I'm being completely honest, I think that story is probably the first (and so far only) story in the entire saga devoid completely of both social and artistic merit. There is absolutely no larger subtext to it. It's simply gross things occurring to gross readers out. And it's effective for that at any rate. 








 Copyright Matt Zimmer and UnComix 2017-2020.  All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome To Gilda And Meek And The Un-Iverse!

1. Gilda And Meek "Groundwork" Special Edition (Un-Iverse #1)

Other Artists I Like