5. The Pontue Legacy "Part Five: The Dragons And The Egg" (Un-Iverse #13)

Rating: PG-13 (Bloody violence and gore, sexual situations, and adult themes).

































Author's Note for The Pontue Legacy #5 "Part Five: The Dragons And The Egg" (Un-Iverse #13)

Here is why I used to be a bad storyteller and why I quit the saga for 15 years after recognizing that fact. While Zyle was a stiff cipher the reader (and I) didn't care about, I felt very comfortable killing him off because it wouldn't hurt. And that just shows how stupid I used to be. Deaths in fiction SHOULD hurt. Making Zyle lovable and the heart and soul of the group instead, makes his death devastating and the story better. 

One thing I have learned over the years (and it's not something many other writers seem to believe): Every death shown in fiction makes a statement. So you better DAMN well be aware of what statement you are making with it. And that's guided me to here and the end of Zyle's journey. 

Do you dislike the talk show stuff? It was in the old version too. As dumb as the idea is, I couldn't bring myself to excise Dragon Springer getting an axe in the face upon saying "And now for my final thought". Instead of making it a fourth wall breaking trainwreck however, I added some credible details to make it vaguely plausible in-universe, and I think it's all right now. You might not, but this IS what the franchise is. Making weird and stupid things fit into a Universe I take seriously. 




If you like Gilda And Meek Buy Me A Coffee!





 Copyright Matt Zimmer and UnComix 2017-2020.  All Rights Reserved. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome To Gilda And Meek And The Un-Iverse!

1. Gilda And Meek "Groundwork" Special Edition (Un-Iverse #1)

Other Artists I Like