19. Gilda And Meek "Warlocks: Beyond Reality: Part Five: Paid In Full" (Un-Iverse #31)

Rating: PG-13. (Violence and adult themes.) 




































Author's Note for Gilda And Meek #19 "Warlocks: Beyond Reality: Part Five: Paid In Full (Un-Iverse #31) 

My biggest regret of the issue is the Psycow claiming to be gender fluid. In hindsight it feels like I could be taking the same kinds of shots against transpeople The Silence Of The Lambs did with Buffalo Bill. But The Psycow is NOT Buffalo Bill and that isn't why he / she / they answer to any pronoun. The joke was supposed to be a commentary on how every cartoon cow SHOULD be a female and some Cows (like The Cow on Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures) never bothered to make the character the correct gender. I am making a joke about cartoon cows, not transgender people. 

For the record, the Psycow isn't trans, or even nonbinary. He / she / they are a hermaphrodite. And again, I don't want the fact that he / she / they are an evil psychopath to be considered the takeaway there. It was a joke at the expense of funny animal cartoons before I was able to think through the political ramifications of it. I HATE it when that happens. I can't even blame society for it, because I'm a part of society so I must abide those rules too. But the Psycow was never intended to be either transgender or a statement about that. 









 Copyright Matt Zimmer and UnComix 2017-2020.  All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome To Gilda And Meek And The Un-Iverse!

1. Gilda And Meek "Groundwork" Special Edition (Un-Iverse #1)

Other Artists I Like